* Duck Breasts (C. Roy Daigle)
- Duck breasts (skin removed)
- Orange juice
Note: I would imagine that breast from other fowl (turkey, chicken) would do just as well.
- Season the duck breast (you can make your own seasoning...cayene pepper, salt, garlic powder, celery powder) generously.
- Marinate in orange juice for 2+ hours, overnight is better.
- Remove from marinate, cut into bite size pieces, wrap in bacon, secure with tooth pick.
- Grill over low to medium heat. Best when middle is a little pink.
* Bacon Jalapeno Bites (Kate Mottram)
- Fresh, whole Jalapeno peppers (2-3 inches)
- Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Bacon, sliced into 4 inch strips
Note: The more jalapeno innards you leave behind,
the hotter these become. Leave a bit of white membrane and a few seeds
behind for bites that will bite back! Clean 'em good for a less hot
- Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise.
- Remove jalapeno innards with a spoon.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese.
- Wrap jalapeno halves in bacon strips. Leave some slack as you don't want the bacon to contract during cooking and squeeze the cheese out of your bites. Secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 20 minutes or so until the bacon looks done.